DiCaprio attacker to get 2 years

LOS ANGELES: A woman accused of slashing Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio’s face with a wine glass pleaded no contest on Friday to the 2005 attack and is expected to serve two years in prison.

Former model Aretha Wilson, who was extradited to the United States from Canada, entered the plea just before the case was expected to go to trial and DiCaprio was due to take the witness stand against her, officials said.

Sentencing is scheduled for Nov 22 in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

The 40-year-old was expected to see 330 days credited for time already served behind bars in Los Angeles, but Judge Patricia Schnegg did not indicate whether her prison time in Canada, where she had fled after the incident, would count.

DiCaprio was rushed to hospital and received stitches to his face and ear after the June 17, 2005 attack.

During a hearing earlier this year, witness Eustace Hicks said he and DiCaprio were leaving a party in Hollywood Hills with another friend when Wilson appeared and cursed at the friend before attacking DiCaprio.

About desihit

No...................

Posted on 13/11/2010, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: